Help Support Kinhost.org
This website has been a side project of The Crisses since 1996.
In 2017, we became homeless. As of March 2020, right before lockdowns for the pandemic, we got mental health supported housing. We decided in 2017 while homeless that we would embrace our mission to shorten treatment times for people with DID & OSDD by working harder on our suite of internal community support materials.
In 2017 we relaunched our podcast, launched a Patreon campaign to allow for ongoing community support, and hoped that the community would agree to foster building this immense and valuable resource into something that would be a legacy. It's 2019, and it has not yet materialized. For certain we're getting some support, but not enough to get back into housing and with us now sleeping in our car, dog-sitting, or working from libraries and internet cafes it's harder than ever to produce podcast episodes. We'll do our best.
All support matters. A testimonial, a one-time "tip", volunteer article writers, or ongoing Patreon supporters, it's all making a difference. Please help support full-time content production for Kinhost.org, the Many Minds on the Issue podcast, CerberusPlural.com, completing the books and materials for The Crissing Link series and the United Front self-help book series for plurals. There's years of full-time content production to be put into physical reality or at least electrons on a screen that would create a one-stop resource for persons who need help with internal community issues.
All support helps. Here are some ways you can help support our mission:
Contribute! Article, Editing & Authorship Support (Free, time)
Send us new original articles, links to interesting articles & research, book reviews, movie reviews, and additional information that can be posted on established pages, etc. This used to be an open-edit website, but there was too much spam. We can give people access to the public areas and your own section for your system on the back-end if you become a regular and trusted contributor.
Cash Support $3+
This site costs us money every month. It's part of the reason we rent a whole server (which supports all our sites). Our total income goals include being able to cover the expenses of our server even after we're gone.
- Become an ongoing supporter of Kinhost.org and The Crisses on Patreon.
- If you find this site, the podcast, the United Front Boot Camp, etc. helpful, feel free to send us a tip via PayPal.
- FOLLOW The Crisses on Patreon.com and you'll get our public updates, notification when new podcasts are published, and so on.
- Volunteer New. Even 1 hour of your time can be a valuable asset for Kinhost.org and the Many Minds on the Issue podcast. We have machine transcripts of podcast episodes that need correcting. We can give you access to a transcript for an episode for you to fix or highlight words you're not sure of, and we can post full episode transcripts on the website like these completed transcripts New. That's so helpful for folk who can't listen or process audio for a variety of reasons, and it helps the search engines find the website too. If you're able to volunteer 1 or more hours to help out, please Contact us! (Other possible volunteer tasks include tagging pages on the site to help build a taxonomy/index, helping to cross-link posts, etc.)
- If you don't want to contribute or don't know what to do or say at Kinhost.org, consider CerberusPlural.com — the plural news media watchdog. We need article reviewers and people to screen the news for plural content updates.
- Comment on posts, pages, podcasts throughout the website. Comments drive traffic. Traffic may mean people with money who can donate cash. So even just helping with SEO, comments, traffic helps! We're the only one who can see your email, and you can use a fake email and any name you'd like! You won't be emailed by the website software.
- Send us a testimonial, idea for an article, question for the podcast, comments or corrections, or just fanmail telling us how helpful the site is. Motivation, praise, inspiration ? it's all important! Contact us!
- If you need to add personalized coaching to your list of self-help and self-healing services, then please consider hiring The Crisses as your life coach. We offer sliding-scale pricing for our peers and folk on assistance programs.
- Purchase our books! This is a great way to contribute and get something in return. We have a Books link on this website to help you out. This includes the multiple-topic books in The Crissing Link series, planners that we've developed as a life coach and designer, and our self-help book on personal energy management. There's some Amazon affiliate links to other books for multiples there, we get a tiny kickback and it doesn't cost you anything extra to order them ? so if you've been thinking about buying them anyway, it benefits us if you follow our link to the book.
- Buy SHWAG. Check out our TeePublic shop. You can be decked out loud and proud!
- If you're considering creating online courses, or you need a book proposal to send to traditional publishers, we have Microsoft Word and Scrivener templates to help you out at Fiverr.com. We also have some other services that we offer there.
- Take one of our classes on Udemy.com. If you use our coupon, we get a bigger cut. This is the lowest price you can get out there. We have a Raising Chickens in your Backyard course and our Improve Your English Vocabulary with Over 140 Tricky Words featuring tricks for how to tell words that sound alike apart.
You/y'all can also help support us by lifting our voices on social media when we publish new resources, promote classes, presentations, podcast episodes, or conferences, etc.
Here's where y'all can find & follow us:
- keybase.io -> @crisses - this is also where we do our best to validate all our other identities so y'all can be sure you really have The Crisses.
- YouTube ->eclectictllc with plural stuff, PmWiki stuff, let's plays, Air Pirates Radio Theater (client work), chicken videos, etc because obviously we don't get how any of this works. The Crisses channel with only plural content here.