United Front Boot Camp
- If people don't understand our behavior -- so what? Their request that we must only do what they understand is an attempt to dictate to us. If this is being "asocial" or "irrational" in their eyes, so be it. Mostly they resent our freedom and our courage to be ourselves. We owe nobody an explanation or an accounting, as long as our acts do not hurt or infringe on them. -- Erich Fromm, The Art of Being
**NEW!** Check out the Many Minds on the Issue podcast episode on this topic: Introduction to United Front (episode 005)
Welcome to United Front Boot Camp: Positive, proactive and collaborative self-help for people with multiple personalities.
Imagine if you could:
- shave years off of the so-called ďrecoveryĒ process
- do it with or without an advisory therapist
- get more buy-in from your headmates
- move away from techniques that make you relive your most painful experiences
- develop confidence, trust, even love for one another
- And best of all, actively decide where you want to go from there
Imagine a world where it didnít really matter that youíre a multiple. You have people in your head, and they all get along. In spite of your diverse ideas, skills and interests, you share a common goal and vision about your collective life. You each go about pursuing the dream in your own style, with your own unique perspective and gifts, but youíre all steering your life in the same direction.
Thatís where I am. We are The Crisses, and I took almost 20 years of our shared life to get to that point. I donít want it to take that long for you and your system, so I want to share my experience and self-help techniques with you. I want you to achieve a state of balance and joy. I want integration to be a true choice ó rather than a necessity by default because you don't know of any alternatives.
You can take less than a year to accomplish what psychology canít even accomplish in 5: a sense of inner community and cherishing, collaboration, love ó and for the tough guys a warm acceptance even if you keep insisting that youíre a cool cat or an untouchable.
This program is for you if you:
- are doing OK on most days, but you know you need to do better
- have a lot of group buy-in on the idea that itís time for change
- want to get along better, collaborate in a positive way on shared goals, and look forward to sharing the rest of your life together
- are truly motivated to do the work and expand your willpower to get things done even on days when you donít feel like it
- you had to give up therapy because it was too expensive or you didnít feel like you were getting anywhere
- are concerned because your therapist doesnít specialize in MPD/DID (it works as a complementary program to therapy)
- refuse to see a therapist but you still want some help or guidance
- are a therapist looking for alternatives and information that is really specialized, upbeat, positive and proactive in working with a multiple system
I have ideas ó lots of them ó and I'm going to share them with you. But you are going to be the one doing this work. I have the tools, and you just need to be committed to following the process.*
Sometimes it's hard to know where to start, so check out the steps below, and feel free to comment or email us with questions.
In June (and maybe July) 2011, I'm blogging the Boot Camp steps. But this is where you can go to take everything one step at a time. Eventually I'll have a little quiz you can take to figure out which steps in the Boot Camp you really need, but this month I'm focusing on posting the steps.
Not interested? Want something else? Not sure why you're here? Why don't you read the Manifesto?
Are you in the field of psychology in any way, shape or form? Please see A special note for therapists.
* If you want to be held accountable in this process, and don't have an accountability partner, you might opt for life coaching with The Crisses (Criss Ittermann) using United Front as the core curriculum. Email us and we'll have a conversation about it.
- A special note for therapists
- Advanced Headwork New
- Boundaries and Empathy (011) New
- Communication Techniques
- Coping with Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Kinhost.org: encouraging internal community
- Self-Help Notes
- United Front
- United Front Boot Camp Steps
- What happens when a Multiple 'loses time'?