Many Minds on the Issue - podcast
For people with Multiple Personalities
This is a podcast by plurals for plurals. It's for anyone who experiences many (people, parts, spirits, voices, etc.). We talk about self-help, realizations, stigma, oppression, and the podcast will be of interest to multiples, and those who have Dissociative Identity Disorder. The podcast spokesplural are The Crisses. With 30+ years of experience as someone "with many people in our head," and 20+ years of working within the plural community and writing for Kinhost.org, the Crisses have a lot to say on the topic of plurality.
To help support our podcast, please see our page on Patreon.com.
September 25, 2020
Onboarding is what we call helping stuck residents become more present in the Here & Now, and work on coconsciousness.
July 06, 2020
Everyone needs an anchor or a base for exploring life.
May 04, 2019
A lecture we published going over many of the movie myths of DID and debunking them.
March 03, 2019
A discussion of how important names and re-naming can be for individuals, both external and within a plural system.
February 28, 2019
A daily exercise in serenity; one of the many ways to be more present and less dissociated.
February 21, 2018
If you have to ask what they mean, maybe they should use a different word?
September 04, 2017
Starting with and expanding on the United Front Boot Camp post of the same name: leaving your baggage and triggers outside of your meetings and greetings to form internal community.
September 04, 2017
The not-ranty version, covering much of the same ground as episode 017 with an update for new developmental models of DID.
September 02, 2017
Rant alert!! Dug up an old poor-quality recording, remastered it, and posted it.
August 20, 2017
Recording on trigger deprogramming and managing triggers from 2011 when we were triggered by the smell of coffee.
August 12, 2017
What's the opposite of losing time? Does time really go faster as you get older, or are you simply allowing it to rush away from you?
July 30, 2017
System Trust Capstone, Part 1: What is happening in your system that erodes trust and makes it so that it's impossible to even tread water?
July 30, 2017
System Trust Capstone, Part 2: Now that you've stopped the constant eroding your system trust, what can you do to proactively build it up?
July 24, 2017
Foundational concept for our System Trust Issues series. We've all heard of "fight or flight" reactions. In this episode we outline 8 different panic reactions and how they play out in multiplicity.
July 14, 2017
Important concept for our System Trust Issues series. Do other people's emotions overshadow your own? Do you have a hard time protecting yourself from emotional outbursts? Do you know where you end and other people begin? More on what is separate, and what ought to be.
July 09, 2017
Foundational concept for our System Trust Issues series. The permeable membrane, internal organization, integrity, the cause & effect of being a team player, externalization, acting out, echoes and co-owning your shared life.
July 03, 2017
First episode in our System Trust Issues series. Got chaos? Got malcontents? Persecutors? Rebels? Here's a change in perspective and attitude to help you wake up to your new reality.
June 26, 2017
You are your own best case manager, and here's how to do it.
June 18, 2017
Do you include your body as an ally for your system?
June 11, 2017
Who needs the United Front Boot Camp?
- Introduction to United Front (005) New - What is United Front and the United Front Boot Camp? Why did we make it?
- Trigger Topics: Conformity (004) New - Realizing something is a trigger that we hadn't thought of before, we explore it live on-mic as an example of examining a trigger.
- A Multiple's View of the DSM-V Criteria (003) New - How do the DSM-V criteria (the standards by which diagnoses are given) fit?
- Many Minds: Two Heads are Better than One (002) - A multiple's-eye view of how people become multiple, from experiences with many different multiple systems.
- Many Minds: Credentials (001) - What qualifies The Crisses to give a podcast in multiplicity? In this introductory episode we cover who The Crisses are to some degree, podcast goals, basics of mulitple vs. otherkin host, etc.
- The Reboot (000) New - Introduction to the reboot of the Many Minds on the Issue podcast, 12 years later…