- Allowing (as opposed to Trying) New | edit New - 10/20/2020
- Working on Shared Values New | edit New - 08/03/2020
- Eye Color Changes-Draft New | edit New - 07/26/2020
- The Sapphic Bouquet New | edit New - 09/09/2018
- Home Page-Draft New | edit New - 04/09/2018
- Developing A System Culture-Draft New | edit New - 05/28/2017
- The State Of The Memory Address-Draft | edit - 02/07/2014
- Running The Business Of Our Lives-Draft | edit - 02/07/2014
- Stabilizing Switchiness-Draft | edit - 02/04/2014
- Being OK With Being Different-Draft | edit - 02/04/2014
- Hello? Is there anybody in there? | edit - 02/04/2014
- What did you say? | edit - 02/04/2014
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Support-Draft | edit - 07/03/2013
- Causes Of Dissociative Identity Disorder-Draft | edit - 07/03/2013
- Treatment For Dissociative Identity Disorder-Draft | edit - 07/03/2013
- Is Dissociative Identity Disorder Real-Draft | edit - 07/03/2013
- Wiki Sandbox-Draft | edit - 12/31/1969
There are certain acts we do that are more about a form of self-surrender (in a good way) than they are about effort or trying or attempting to do something.
The idea is that you get further with these acts or skills by way of letting go or relaxing than exerting yourself.
Our best most accessible example is floating on water. Learning to float is learning how to allow or let go. The more you struggle, the more you "try", the less you're able to float. Floating on water is about laying back and letting go. And a little faith that it's possible.
Some of these "allowing" skills or phenomenon are:
- floating on water
- falling asleep
- switching headmates
- merging headmates
- communication , especially with non-verbal headmates
- Co-consciousness New
- empowering stuck residents New to free themselves (a pretty new concept to explore)
- internal landscaping
- 07/26/2020 Do plural's eye colors change when they switch?
We believe so. When we were a kid we'd get all kinds of exclamations from folk about our eye color changing. They're between green, grey, a dark ring around the outer edge, more softened at times, and more definite lines radiating from the iris. But also eyes can reflect the colors you're wearing to some degree — so if various folk dress you in the morning, that could also affect how your eye color appears. When we wear green, our eyes seem more green than grey. But yeah, I think there's some something about this. And of course singular folk have their own "mood" explanations for this. See "may appear to 'change color'" on this page: https://www.edow.com/general-eye-care/eyecolor/ And here a whole article on eye color changes: https://lacrossetribune.com/community/tomahjournal/lifestyles/ask-your-science-teacher-what-causes-eyes-to-change-color/article_ade719fa-e29a-51b9-8d1a-fb67727ccea3.html ...edit... New
- 04/09/2018 Hello! We're the Pyralis Collective, a fairly small plural family most likely of mixed origin. The overall system is traumagenic, with the first few system members besides our original showing up when the body was around 4 or 5 years old due to some combination of medical trauma, social isolation, emotional abuse, and possible other abuse.
Although we have no intention of seeking a diagnosis related to our multiplicity and are, frankly, rather unconcerned with labels, we most likely fit the criteria for OSDD1-b. We definitely experience dissociation, although it only sometimes causes us significant difficulty or distress, but we only rarely experience amnesia between fronters or noticeable time loss.
Many of our current members consider themselves traumagenic in origin, here because of or in order to deal with something we went through, however others consider themselves to have metaphysical or spiritual origins.
As of April 2018, the known members of the Pyralis collective are:
The twins (Cassiopeia and Desdemona)
Abbey ...edit... New
These are different between fragments vs people, I would think. Like some of my people have different Totems, in a shamanic sense, and probably different zodiac signs, religions, morals, ethics, etc. We have different opinions on right vs. wrong depending on who you ask. As a group/system, we've come up with compromises and win-win situations that we all think are agreeable in general. It's not easy to do so, but any community needs to have a culture, which is a group's personality if you think about it: the group's attitude, judgements, allowances, behaviors, expectations, etc.
rituals, celebrations, history, goals, plans, hopes ...edit... New
- 02/07/2014 Article on state-dependent memory. ...edit...
- 02/07/2014 Article on how the inside of a multi's head is a house, and how all houses/families are a business in so far as they are organizations with certain ideals, cultures, personalities and resources available to work towards goals together. ...edit...
- 02/04/2014 Switchiness is a by-product of anxiety. Anxiety comes from dwelling in not-now. Inventing a fearful fantasy future, or living in fear of the past. If you are truly NOW, anxiety eases. And any type of love is the antidote to fear of any sort. Think of things you love right now. Get and give hugs. Take care of someone who needs help. Get a feather fishing rod and play with your kitty. Hug your doggy.
"Breathe deep and wiggle your toes." Wiggle your butt in a chair, stomp your feet, look for the color red in the room. Also try other mindfulness activities...art, crafts, puzzles, legos, cooking, etc. Anything that is going to bring your mind into the moment.
- 02/04/2014 "Every person is unique." While this is fundamentally true, when your difference brings unwanted attention, ridicule, or any kind of exclusion or harm, you may find yourself wishing you weren't quite so unique.
Part of our unique stories is how we acquired our difference(s). ...edit...
- 02/04/2014 (:description :)
Article on non-co-conscious residents and holodeck/matrix, etc. via PTSD and instilling a paradigm shift?
If you decided to build in a communication mechanism to the holodeck, then using the holodeck to get through to non-co-conscious residents should also work.
USING the internal landscape on-purpose for reasons of self(ish) help.
Article on in-system translation and communication systems.
a system translator, how to create one, how to use the internal landscape to facilitate internal communication
communication barriers. How they look in your internal landscape.
Either you ask in your system if anyone can translate, or you create/build/craft (heck, think Minecraft if you must, whatever works!) something in your internal landscape to do the job. Our language filter is a construct/fragment whose sole purpose is to translate between folk in my head. You need something to translate if they don't all "speak the same language."
Our translator also translates external communications when someone inside is fronting for whom English is not their primary language or they don't communicate in English at all. ...edit...
- 07/03/2013 ...edit...
- 07/03/2013 ...edit...
- 07/03/2013 ...edit...
- 07/03/2013 ...edit...
- 12/31/1969 Feel free to use this page to experiment with the Text Formatting Rules.
The password for this page is 'editme'
I'm just playing. Or am I? ...edit...