The Multiple Mapping Project
Location, location, location!!
No one really knows how many multiples & plurals there are in the world, how they're distributed, or where they're concentrated. Many multiples, both in rural areas and in cities, have a hard time finding professionals who can help them in their area. It's not easy to have plural meet-ups, or know where the best locations are for a conference. If we go on a tour or on the road, where should we stop? Nobody knows.
Please contribute to the Multiple Mapping Project and let people know approximately where you are. Please check the appropriate box for your relationship with plurality (you are plural of some sort, you're an ally or advocate, you are a professional…) and if you're a professional or community organizer, use the Description box to leave information about how you or your services/groups for plurals/multiples can be located.
- Use the orange button to add your listing, or click this link to open in a new window
- Enter your zip code, the name of the next town over, or if you're a professional with an office you may want to put your exact location
- Enter your information — anonymous or system name (or your real name if you're comfortable with that or a professional/business), system information you want to share or business information for professionals, etc.
- If you're comfortable being contacted by folk in your area, some way to contact y'all (web address, twitter @, or discord info, anonymized email, whatever makes y'all happy, just know it's posted in plain sight on a website).
- Click checkbox for your "categories" — as many as needed
- Submit and please have patience. It doesn't email us when there's an entry and we approve postings by hand.
Postings are moderated. It works so you don't have to submit twice.
Add yourself to the map: or you can zoom in and out:
Open full-sized Multiple Mapping Project in New Window
Why have allies & professionals (i.e. singular folk) on the map?
- They may attend conferences and their ticket fee, vendor table, sponsorship money may help cover scholarships for plurals in need to attend.
- More data is better than too little data. We can filter folk out when making decisions about where to hold events.
- It's also interesting to map where our supporters and support systems are located.
- Plurals & multiples looking for woke professionals can find them on the map. How to look for professionals on the map: click "Sort & Filter" at the top of the map, uncheck all the "Categories" you don't want to see, click back on the map, explore the map.